Friday, April 1, 2016

Sex has nothing to do with love

When I was around 11 I began asking questions about sex. I was curiousabout where   babies came from.  My mother did not want to answer my questions.  She seemed irrirtated with me, and gave me very vague answers.  One day she said to me, "You know sex has nothing to do with love. Even when you are married. Its just lust. Its just about wanting someone's body."

I carried this belief with me into my marriage. I cannot tell you how damaging it is.  Even though my heart knew my husband loved me, my mother's words had imbedded themselves in my belief system.  She made me think sex was dirty and anyone that wanted to do it was just in it for what they got out of it. I often felt unloved even when my husband loved me the most!

As I have worked theough things, I have realized this is how she felt about it.  It was her truth.  She was incapable of love so of course sex was never about love for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment